When it comes to traveling, I usually try to avoid going back to cities where I have already been. This is mostly because I have so many places in the world where I want to go that I feel I’ll never get to them all if I keep going back to the same places over and over again. But there are a handful of cities that I’d happily make an exception for. San Francisco is one of them. Much like London, I could happily go there several times a month every month or even live there without ever getting tired of it. It’s not just about the fact that it’s a city and there’s plenty to do there. It’s also about the atmosphere, the incredible architecture, those long gorgeous streets with the most amazing views of the bay, the mouth-watering food scene… I could keep the list going.
But for today’s post, I wanted to share some of the highlights of our time in beautiful SF:
- The stunning view of the city from our hotel room [we stayed at the Hilton Union Square and got upgraded upon arrival to a room with a view. Nice treat after an 11hrs long flight!]
- Our daily cable car rides [we got to hop on and off every line]
- The view from the top of Lombard Street [such a great feeling as you step off the cable car! Go early to skip the crowds]
- Our long (and sometimes steep) walk around the Pacific Heights neighborhood with a pit stop at Jane of Fillmore to try their green juice and coffee.
- The fascinating tour of Alcatraz prison [I’m not usually one for audio guides but this one was really good and had me paying attention the whole time]
- Crissy Field [Most amazing view of the Golden Gate bridge]
- Biking across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Lunch by the water at Barrel House Tavern in Downtown Sausalito
- Breakfast at Craftsman & Wolves in the Mission District followed by a walk around Dolores Park
If you’ve been to San Francisco , I’d love to hear what your favorite things to do were.